Sunday, May 5, 2013

Beautiful Weekend

What a beautiful weekend this was...  Took a nice ride to the North Country on Saturday.....and today I had a 35th high school reunion planning meeting.  Only one more meeting left before the reunion.  I am so looking forward to seeing my former classmates that are going!  After the meeting, the weather was still beautiful to take a little hike through the woods to see what creatures may be lurking in the local swamp!  Last night when we walked down, there were a couple Canadian Geese swimming along...


No swamp creatures here though... Just some pretty Spring flowers!  My card today is shaped like a clay flower pot.



 Rather than opening like a regular card, the sentiment, surrounded in flowers, slips down inside the pot, to make the bouquet.
All of the supplies for this card were from my SU stash...Misc cardstock pieces, Boho Blossoms punch, 5-Petal Flower punch, Eyelet Border punch, Sweetest Stem Embosslits Die,  silver brads and Very Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon.  The sentiment is also from a SU set, God's Blessings (retired).

The House That Stamps Built is having a Designer's Choice Challenge this week (DCC424 ~ Shaped Cards) that I thought this card could be entered into.

I also thought I could enter into the following challenges:

Dream Valley Challenges - Challenge 56 No Squares Allowed
Our Creative Corner - Anything Goes
Totally Papercrafts - Don't be Square, Use a Shaped Card

Until the next post...

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card, thanks for sharing your wonderful creation with us at TPC x carol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever and unusual card, I really love how the message is hidden in the flower pot. Lovely colour choices too. Thank you for playing along with Our Creative Corner. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever card! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Our Creative Corner Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Di. I love the idea of this. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Dream Valley.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete